the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

my darling.
Song of Songs 1:15
Since classes started in June, there was a constant struggle forexistence. “I have to strive harder this time”. This is what first comes out from my mouth when I took my first step in my chosen university. It was our first day then. I only had a class for that day which was PE11. I didn’t know where to go but the only thing written on my registration form was a three letter word which says GYM. I have to ask the guard about this and he told me: “Sundan mo na lang yung babaeng yan.” So I did. I didn’t know we belonged to the same class until she asked me. I also didn’t have an idea that the girl referred to was going to be our class president and one of my college friends. Her name is Joanoreen, Wano for short. She graduated from a school in Cavite as the batch’s first honor. The words that the guard told me were still applicable until our last day since she was elected as President of the class.

I almost met a true friend named Alex. Her name is actually Alexandra Czarina Louise but most of the time, she would just write Alex and it becomes the reason why our professor would get mad at her telling that she’s lazy. “Gusto mong tipirin ko din ang grade mo?” It was like a big bang right in front of me. A terror professor, indeed! I guess this is what college is all about: monsters and bullies. Alex and me had a tight bond and our block mates would even question us if we were classmates in high school. Up to this day, she was a true friend to me.

We had to meet our other classmates for the semester on our second day. It was a Tuesday when we did the usual first day stuff (Since our PE11 class was cancelled because our professor have to do something. Yes. It was our first day and she was too busy.) Introduce yourself and class elections. I’ve been on a roller coaster ride for four months. I went up and down. Yes. Grades too. I loved my blockmates up to our last day of meeting and I know for sure, I would continue to love them even though we would be reblocked the following sem. Well, this is life. We need to be fit and strive to survive. College is not easy. Nothing’s easy. But I know one day, my hard works would pay me back.
and be happy.