the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

my darling.
Song of Songs 1:15
Walking to the corridors alone, spending a whole day at the bookstore, eating in a public place all by myself, and a whole lot more. Well, let’s just say that was the scenario since I entered college. Looking back, I wasn’t the Nadine who is always surrounded by friends anymore. I have learned to love myself and discover a lot of stuff and secrets that was unconsciously on my mind since. I never thought I would have this strength to carry and take hold of myself until I tried it. It’s exciting and fun but I have to admit that sometimes, it’s killing me crazy. I have unlimited moments when I wished that I am still with my highschool friends and say “This is home.” Don’t get me wrong. I’ve also met bunch of friends in college but until now, I only find one of them true. (It doesn’t mean that the rest aren’t. Let’s just say that I am most comfortable with this one true friend.)
Let me enumerate my newly discovered traits and characteristics:
- · Bookworm: I discovered my love for books. Amazing how one book can take you to different places in not more than a minute, how it can change your principles and beliefs, try new adventures—not physically but mentally and how you can forget reality but you still manage to be in the real world. Years ago, you can only find me at the malls and bazaars; but now, you can spot me at bookstores, book fairs and book sale! (My favourite book as of this moment: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky--- I feel infinite!)
- · Independent: Well, if you’ve been following this blog from the start you are well informed that I am an only child since mom gave birth to my cute and not-so-baby-brother-anymore. This time, I have learned to take good care of myself and do things independently. I tried my best to learn how to cook and prepare my meals and do some grocery shopping alone.
- · Thrifty: This trait does not equally mean you’re kuripot. Being thrifty means, knowing how to separate you needs from your wants and spending most of your money for the former. Since mom only gives me an almost exact amount to buy what I need, I have learned the word: budgeting!
- · Full-pledged ate: Mom has been staying in the province since September, Nathan and his yaya is left with me here! I’m almost Nathan’s mom since I have to buy his milk, diapers and everything he needs. There are times when he calls me mommy instead of ate. Well, can I just say that I love this kid too much and I’m willing to do anything for him.
- · Irritated to relationships: PDA couples never fails to ruin my day; most especially when you’re behind them. Like ugh. Can you guys get a hotel room or something? There were also boys from my past who keeps coming back. Like recently, two of them sends me “I miss you”, “I love you” and “Let’s date!” messages. That’s why whenever I would read those kinds of messages, I would automatically roll my eyes and flash my priceless eww-facial expression. Hahaha! And because of this, I have this feeling that I would end up being an old lady. I might spend the “rest of my life” with food, friends and book. Makes me want to change my URL. Since it's a-fairytale-ending. And I wonder if I can have this kind of ending with food, pens, notebooks, books, (insert things that I love here).
I guess that’s it for now. Toodles!
(Off to do a research about World Literature, Plant Systematics and Animal Sytematics.)
and be happy.